Wednesday, September 26, 2007

...a "light"er note...

I am intrigued by light.  it does so much.  the interest i have in outdoor, nature, and other types of photography is a direct result of light's ability to paint a picture in my brain, of objects in the natural world.  capturing an image of a stand of oak trees yields a much different picture at post-dawn light, than it yields at mid-day, or at pre-dusk.  images captured in successive seasons (of similar objects), yield different images,still - not only because of the passage of time or the difference in foliage, but also because of a different quality of light.  initially though, before i can process an image in my gray matter, i must take the light in through my eyes...i have to be looking, in other words.

I am now aware that maybe i need to think more deeply about that imagery...the true Light indeed shines His rays on objects in my life differently, depending on whatever He chooses to illuminate, but also depending on my season of life/state of mind.  Yet, if i am not looking, it will not matter the subtle way in which He shines differently today(in part, just for me), I will miss it.

No comments: