Wednesday, January 16, 2008

God eventually answers...

...I just know it. 

 

I have been making headway in my relationship to Christ this past year through "closet" prayer and meditation.  I have always prayed and often "meditated" in the sense of day dreaming about life's issues, problems, and blessings.  But lately, as stated, I've been actually doing this in my closet, in the quiet, doing as much or more listening than talking.  I petition about various things, people, and situations in my life and try to await answers to these, as well as a leading as to what I yet need to address.

I rarely KNOW what answers to my questions are, though.  There have been times I felt like I was physically sitting at His feet (almost).  But I still crave clarity as to what HE is saying to ME.

I have read books and heard opinions to the effect, that as long as His children are behaving morally, God doesn't care which road we take (again, as long as it is within His moral will for us).  Then others claim there is a "perfect will" of which God desires us to be in the "center".  This view espouses that each person was made for a specific job, a specific spouse, a specific car, a specific house, etc., etc.  Still yet, some claim one or another paradigm somewhere in between these two.  Each view seems to have some validity.

I will share what my experiences are, that's all I can do.  To be honest, I have rarely received clear direction in which road to take.  The closest I seem to have come, is a feeling of "permission" to go the way I most want to go.  This could mean that I am doing okay, in terms of choosing the options I place before the LORD.  It also could mean that I have no idea how to discern what He is saying.  I have really been working to quiet my life and make room for Him to answer (a long row to hoe, but progress has definitely been made).  So, at leas I think I know that the lack of answers hasn't been because I am not listening, and certainly there is no lack of asking.

Maybe the waiting, the yearning, the occasional weeping, is part of the answer.  While I don't ascribe to much (if any) new age thinking, I do wonder if God seeks to help us find out what we really want before he imposes His "final answer"...a kind of  "seek the answer from within..." statement from God himself.  I certainly don't think that if this was the way things worked at times, that just ANY answer "from within" would suffice.  But, as long as none of the options were out of the wrong motivation, maybe this could work...

When I read in His word, I certainly see times He is silent.  But I always see Him doing what He promised and coming through every time He is needed.  I know that GOD EVENTUALLY ANSWERS.

No comments: